Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there an age limit for the Competition?
Yes. Applicants must be born within the period of 1 July 1983 to 30 June 2000, both dates inclusive.
2. What documents do I have to submit together with my application form?
Alongside a completed application form, please be reminded to submit a copy of your ID document, a CV, at least one letter of recommendation, a video recording in DVD format of the Applicant’s own performance between 12 and 20 minutes, and a proof of payment of the Application Fee. Please refer to Paragraph 5 in the Competition rules for details.
3. Can I submit the supporting documents by electronic means?
Yes. You can apply online for the Competition and email the supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them via post to:
Musica Viva Limited
Unit 10, 29/F, Metropole Square
2 On Yiu Street, Shatin
4. Can I choose arias that are not in the official Repertory for the Preliminary Round?
In the Preliminary Round, Applicants can choose arias that are not in the official Repertory for their DVD recordings. However, Competitors must choose the arias listed in the Repertory for the Semi-Final and Final Rounds.
5. Can I include art songs (Lieder) on my DVD recording?
Only opera arias will be assessed whereas art songs (Lieder) will not be considered during the selection process.
6. Must the DVD recording be at least 12 minutes?
The video must be no shorter than 12 minutes and it can contain more than one aria.
7. How can I pay the Application Fee?
Payment should be made via PayPal, credit card online or by bank transfer to the following account:
Bank: Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited
Address: Unit LG256, Festival Walk, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Swift code: BKCHHKHH
Account name: Musica Viva Limited
Account number (foreign currencies): 012-816-9-220304-1
Account number (Hong Kong dollar): 012-816-0-008642-3
A proof of payment should be submitted with the Application Form.
8. How will I know if I have been admitted to the Semi-Final Round?
Semi-Finalists will be notified of the results by email and an announcement will be made on the website in March 2018.
9. Can I make changes to my programmes for the Semi-Final and Final Rounds after they have been submitted?
Yes. The closing date for submitting the programme selection is 1 April 2018. No changes of programmes will be accepted after this date.
10. Will my travelling expenses be covered?
The Organiser will provide Competitors with free lodging and transport subsidies for activities directly related to the Competition. However, Competitors who are not Hong Kong-based must arrange and pay their own round-trip airfare.
11. How can I get more information or help?
Contact us via email / WhatsApp / WeChat! We’re more than happy to help:
email@example.com / +852 6976 2877 (WeChat ID: Musicavivahk)